RSS

3 Dec 2009

Apples

Amelie has had an obsession these last weeks.

I have been finding nibblings of an apple around the house; under the couch, under the TV stand, under her bed, in the clothes basket and in the dogs bowl. At first I thought it was the dog, but he couldn't be bothered quite frankly. Then my thoughts led me to think we had a mouse infestation.



Until  I saw one day, these little pudgy hands reaching for the fruit bowl on our dining table. Grabbing a juicy fresh apple and casually walking away taking small bites, was my Amelie.

I followed. She walked to her bedroom, sat on her Dora couch, took two more small bites and proceeded to place the apple in the folds of the seat.

When that's accomplished, my omnivore headed back to the dining table to grab herself another Red Delicious, thats where I confronted her in my most authoritarian and all knowing voice,

"What do you think you're doing? Do you really think Apples just grow on trees? !!!"

A few days later... I'm still picking scraps up from around the house.

>

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Give it to me! Cheers